This post was written by Mom Knows It All contributor Jenn P. Jenn, owner of JennUnplugged.com, is a married mom of 2. She enjoys cooking, reading, traveling, making memories, dancing in the car with her kids and living each day to its fullest.
The zulily gift card was provided to me in order to facilitate this post. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own.
With school already in session, I’m sure a lot of you have some clothing purchased to get your children through a week or two of outfits. But if your weather was anything like mine, you could get away with dressing your children in shorts until this week. So what will you do now that it’s finally cooling down? Shop at zulily of course!
They have a great selection of styles for boys and girls that will be great as the weather gets a little cooler!
I like to shop throughout the school year, but I don’t like to spend a ton on all of the great items I find. That’s one reason zulily is perfect for just about anyone, no matter when you need or want to shop.
Here are some fantastic shopping tips from zulily kids fashion expert, Shawn Anderson:
- Plan in advance: Avoid the stress of last-minute shopping by getting started now and finish before all the good deals are gone.
- Get organized: Pull together a checklist so you don’t forget any of the necessities. It’s also a good time to organize and clean out the closets prior to shopping and making piles for donations, consignment and hand-me-downs.
- Create a budget. Set a realistic spending limit before shopping and look for the best deals to help stay within the budget.
- Shop online: Sites like zulily.com offer parents a wide variety of back to school essentials for kids, including clothes, shoes, accessories, supplies and toys, at incredible prices. You can find everything your kid needs (and more!) and save money at the same time.
- Stockpile your favorite items at a discount: When you find something your child loves and needs each year for school at a great price, be sure to buy a few extra. Take advantage of these deals for years to come! When buying these multiples in larger sizes, place them in labeled bins which you can pull out upon closet clean-out the following year to avoid buying duplicates.
- Check in with the kids: It is never a good feeling to buy your child new clothes and school supplies, only to find out that their favorite color or cartoon character has changed. Involve your kids in the shopping process so you make sure you’re buying items they like and want to use.
zulily also has an app to make things easier for shopping – even when you’re away from home! Using the zulily app is like opening a hand-held treasure chest every day. You never know what you’ll uncover but you know you’re bound to find something great. Shop back to school for your kids on any mobile device to save money and discover the items you need and want – even when you’re on the go.
zulily App Highlights:
- Educational Tutorial – after first installing, users are displayed a brief, informative tutorial on how to use the new application.
- “New Today” Event Accessibility – a clear, easily accessible layout displays a customer’s personalized list of “New Today” events directly through the application.
- Personalization – Zulily has built upon its proprietary personalization technology to create a completely individualized homepage view, from top to bottom. The app learns customer’s preferences and then features the most relevant sales events and information front and center for quick, meaningful shopping.
- Daily Refreshment of New Events – the shopping platform refreshes every morning at 6 a.m. for customers to shop newly curated events.
- “Bookmarked” Favorites – while browsing zulily’s events, customers have the ability to select favorites and “bookmark” for easy access. A “bookmark” ribbon will be displayed on the watch application and instantly synced with the “New Today” tab on the existing iPhone application. This feature allows shoppers to easily customize events to shop at a later time on the iPhone app.
Don’t forget, you can even get zulily gift cards to send to others for their shopping enjoyment.
What’s your favorite back-to-school shopping tip?
zulily website – zulily on Facebook – zulily on Twitter – zulily on Pinterest – zulily on Instagram
I am all for managing to grab a good bargain, I will have to check out Zulily and see what I can find for myself. x
My tip is to watch the deals and start early to not miss out on great finds
We love Zulily and the Zulily app makes it so easy to buy too!
I love being able to find deals on anything when it’s time for back to school. We all benefit from saving a little money here and there.
These are great choices for clothes. I will check their website for more items that interest me and then probably download their app too, so I could always be updated on their latest deals. Thanks for sharing.
I love the outfits they have for the kiddos. I love finding great deals, so I will head over Zulily and check it out. I will also download their app.
Visit stores to see current trends; check clearance for classics; remember to factor in all costs including taxes, S& H.
I love the outfits. Nice choices. Great way to shop and find good deals.